Renewed

Renewed - Bookmarks and Popcorns - Poem


A sound of a horn, a scent in the air
Is precisely what you were to me
Annoying yet abundant, random yet reminiscent
There was no escape to a place where you were inadequate.

In a lone road or a cramped mall
I caught repetitive glimpses of you in close quarters
Excessive and abrupt enough to breakthrough
And crumble my wall of confidence into dust
That flew in every possible direction
In pursuit of the source of such a ravage
In a quest to assure my mental stability

With my held-high face staring at the ground,
Sunglasses protecting my emoting eye’s confession,
I walked away with an undue pain in my heart
A feeble heart that you fumbled with
A pain you prematurely precipitated.

I know I have nothing to fret now
You were just a blunder I held onto so dearly
A bluff, a dismay, a miscalculation
An overestimation of what you could be
An oversight of what you were
A virus I relieved myself from
A door I walked through


With your presence dispatched
Memories sealed, past repented,
Remembrance desisted and image sabotaged,
I realized you were just an inveterate habit.


Your fleeting company hazed over my sight
And your sudden exit was catastrophic
But now without you, I have less to endure
And more to comprehend and appreciate.


The world is full of surprises and gay
And in this ecstatic world of mine,
You are just an annoying sound of a horn,
A random scent in the air.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Blue Umbrella

In a moment's time

Meet the Blogger (Come Back Post)