The first time

Books Aesthetic - My first time - Bookmarks and Popcorns
 

As a kid, I was not told many stories except for a few Indian Mythological ones. I still remember my friend's reaction when I told her that I have never read fairy tales and asked, "What is Sleeping Beauty?"

Two years later, in my fourth grade, we had a period called Library. 👀 An entire 40 minutes in the school library, with books. That was the most absurd thing I had heard back then.

But then, when the period actually arrived, when I stepped into the most clean and quiet place in the school, I discovered that just piles of books stacked against the unreachable length and breadth of 4 walls, could be the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

Forty minutes later, when we were asked to return the books and head back to our class, I was sad. I, someone who ran at the idea of reading, felt like a piece of gum stuck to a chair and that huge table, unwilling to detach myself from there. I felt belonged. I felt a lot of things. But there was this one feeling that rushed over and slapped itself on me, stamping its ownership. That was when I realized that I had fallen in love with books and stories. Forever and ever. I may own books now, but books started owning me a long time ago. ❤



Click here for the Instagram post.
Click here for the Instagram reel.
Click here for my Instagram profile.
Click here for my Goodreads profile.
Click here for my Pinterest profile.

Comments

  1. Just can't get enough of your blog!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already read it in Insta.... But still I read now again.... Talented cute ladooo.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Blue Umbrella

In a moment's time

Hamesha