Bookstores or Online shopping?

Online shopping or Bookstores? - Little talk - Book love - Bibliophile - Bookmarks and Popcorns


Recently, 2 of my friends saw my Amazon account and were surprised to see that I have only 3 reviews. And I was surprised that they found it unbelievable and I kinda know why. The thing is... I don't often buy books online. Why?

Well, my mum never liked the habit of buying or hoarding books. So, when I was in my fifth grade, my sister introduced me to a lending library near my house. But my library days would require its own post. So let's skip that for now.

During my college days though, I started saving. I would save a portion of my pocket money and buy a book from a little store near my college that sold second-hand books. My dad noticed this and took me to book fairs ever since. Even in book fairs, I chose to buy many second-hand books rather than a few new ones.

The first time I bought a book with the utmost satisfaction, was when I had a job and bought a brand new book from a bookstore near my house with the money I had earned. I have been buying books and stationery from that store ever since. And obviously, because I had fallen in love with the book store.

The point I am trying to make is, I love bookstores a 1000 times more than buying books online. I love going to the store, standing amongst a vast variety of books posing beautifully like a Runway Model, alluring like a Veela. I love finding a nice cozy seat in a corner of the bookstore, reading the blurb of the book at the back of its cover, reading the first two pages if I need more convincing or if I just can't wait to get started, or if I find the book unaffordable but would love to get a taste of it, meeting some rare sweet souls who would ask "Have you read this book? Is it good?", and ending up connecting with a stranger within 15 minutes like we have known each other for 15 years.

Bookstores are such a magical place that relieves my tension or stress and gives peace and a pleasant, blissful feel. Excluding for its offers, I would not prefer online stores over bookstores. For, bookstores are my Platform Nine and Three Quarters.

What about you? Do you prefer Bookstores or Online shopping?


 ***

Click here for the Instagram post.
Click here for my Instagram profile.
Click here for my Goodreads profile.
Click here for my Pinterest profile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blue Umbrella

In a moment's time

Meet the Blogger (Come Back Post)