The Golden Bird 2.0

 

The Golden Bird 2.0 - Book review - Non fiction - Bookmarks and Popcorns

Genre: Non-fiction
Author:
Raina Singhwi Jain
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

“If I were to look over the whole world to find out the country most richly endowed with all the wealth, power, and beauty that nature can bestow – in some parts a very paradise on Earth – I should point to India” – Max Mueller.

As I have mentioned before, India, being the most populous democracy with the coexistence of various cultures, faces many questions and problems that arise day by day in large numbers. But did you know that there was once a time when India was called The Golden Bird?

India was one of the richest lands brimming with its treasures. Every country wanted to trade here and looked up at this land. But this was way past when no one had invaded; before India was named so by the British. After all the invasions, India’s economy dropped massively. There was another country with a similar story – China. China took thoughtful steps and worked immensely to not just bring up its economy, but also to be a rich and successful country. Why did India not rise back up like China? Did we not have the potential? Of course, we did. And we still do. The book covers various aspects as to how we can reclaim our name as the Golden Bird. It also discusses Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan and Be Vocal for Local concepts that give an opportunity to the individuals to help India reclaim its name and fame.

I would like to appreciate and congratulate the author on this book. Kudos to all the research, time, and efforts she has put into this book. The writing style was impressive and easy to read. The book covered many political and socio-economic aspects that were beautifully explained and some were even represented by charts and graphs. I found the book engaging. I love how the book had a positive approach. It focused less on what we lost and more on what we can regain.

I am someone who loves Economics and so I found this book very interesting. But I should say I did find some points repetitive in the beginning and the book could have been shorter with the same values it carries.

At the end of the day, I’m glad I read it. On the whole, The Golden Bird 2.0 is a book that every Indian should read.


***

Click here for the Instagram post.
Click here for my Instagram profile.
Click here for my Goodreads profile.
Click here for my Pinterest profile.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Blue Umbrella

In a moment's time

Meet the Blogger (Come Back Post)